Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole helps companies establish contact with foreign markets via cooperation agreements and business missions.
EUPIC Conference: Mission to Chengdu, ChinaInternational expansion requires lengthy exploration and preparation efforts. For that reason, Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole invites you to join its next business mission to China, taking place in Chengdu and Qingdao from November 9 to 16, 2019.
Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole’s two main partners in Chengdu are the Municipality of Chengdu’s High Technology Zone and the European Union Project Innovation Centre (EUPIC). EUPIC was originally a bilateral program between Europe and China initiated in 2006 to enable and promote economic development between European partner states and China’s central provinces.
More than 80 companies in the Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole area and 20 Chinese companies have benefited from these agreements since 2004, accelerating their strategies to conquer new markets. Exchanges have led to over €8 million in contracts signed for companies in the Montpellier metropolitan area.
This is your opportunity to test a promising market and learn how to do business with China. China’s GDP growth rate in 2018 was approximately 7% overall, while in Chengdu it was nearly 12%. Chengdu even recently overtook Hong Kong in terms of the number of luxury car dealerships....
By participating in the EUPIC Mission and Conference (15 countries represented, 4,500 participants), you will benefit from:
- The Montpellier Métropole booth
- Working sessions on “How to understand the Chinese market”
- B-to-B meetings over two days for Montpellier Métropole companies and economic development stakeholders
- The official evening event celebrating relations between Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole and the City of Chengdu (including wine, tourism, and much more)
- A tour of Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole’s facility to support companies
- Number of participants: Up to 8 companies
- Participation fee to be paid by each company: €1,000
- Expenses covered by Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole: air travel, hotel, transportation, conference registration, B-to-B meetings, visa…
- Main topics: IT –ICT – IOT, industry 4.0 & smart solutions, cleantech, environment & energy, biopharma & biotech, agriculture & food…
- Registration deadline: September 15, 2019.